Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brendan Rodgers on defeat to Manchester United and more

Brendan Rodgers took time out of his busy schedule to speak to Bawk at Rawk following the Red's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford last Sunday.

BAR - Brendan, welcome to Bawk at Rawk. Thanks for coming in and talking to us

BR - It's a pleasure. It's really nice to come in and touch base with you. When I heard you wanted to speak to me I thought to myself, let's run that one up the flag pole and see which way the wind blows. And I have to say that from the get-go I was impressed with your blue sky 360 degree thinking, OK?

BAR - Um, Ok. Now Brendan, a defeat at Old Trafford would normally be a disappointment for a Liverpool manager, but I understand you're feeling quite the opposite this morning.

BR - Absolutely. I thought the players were magnificent, OK? You know, you can't have your cake and eat it, so you have to step up to the plate and face the music. I'm finally beginning to leverage the talent of the players. We lost the game 2-1, but we didn't lose 2-1 in terms of quality. In terms of quality, I'd say we nicked it 3-2 with a winning goal on 87 minutes from Daniel Sturridge.

It's like, I'm not 17 stone and rising in terms of quality. In terms of quality I'm a trim 12 stone with rock hard pecs like Peter Andre in his pomp. When you walk up the strategic staircase and begin to drill down into the details the facts become clear. I take a high altitude view of things. And always referring to our legendary fans - the greatest fans in the history of bipedal species - ensures I never wrongside the demographic. And get away with absolutely no progress and terrible results week in week out.

BAR - And how do you see the rest of the project panning out Brendan.

BR - Well you know, I have my fingers down the throat of the organisation of this nodule. I have a pre-plan and I'm on top of the details with an outlook of cascading granularity. I'm conversating with the low hanging fruit and we're pushing the boundaries. You can't take a tanker approach to a speed-boat change - you need a holistic cradle to grave approach.

In terms of pre-preperation we're not deep in mid table. In terms of coming to the party with a paradigm shift, we've already won a hat-trick of Premier League titles, sent Manchester United into administration, won the Champions League and dug Shankly up, revived him and made him club ambassador.

At this point the interview was cut short as two thick set gentlemen in a Black Maria came to collect the Liverpool Boss - no doubt to whisk him to another high powered meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment